Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Why Professionals Use Mac...

Jeff Stein emailed me a link to this article on "Why Professionals Use Mac" written by Ken Rockwell who is a leading photo equipment reviewer...

_________________

Apple's MacMini

Which Apple computer is best for digital photography?

INTRODUCTION

Why do we use Mac? Simple: It just works. We get more done in less time without the aggravation.

That's it all in a nutshell. Just try a Mac and you'll feel this all for yourself exactly as I did when I upgraded in 2000.

_________________

This is a well researched and annotated article which lays out the reasons why everyone should spend a little money (as little as $500 for a MacMini and perhaps $100 for a Keyboard, Mouse, Display switch) to add a Macintosh to their computing arsenal...

For the record... I converted to the Mac (from an Apple ][) back in February of 1984... What took me so long? My name didn't get to the top of the waiting list until Leap Day of 1984. I only bought a "PC" back in 2002, a used Pentium Laptop purchased for the purpose of manipulating my Garmin GPS system. I've never abandonded the Macintosh platform, and probably never will. At least not until something that is superior and compelling is created...

Biased? Rightly so!

-- Chuck

2 Comments:

Blogger Speedmaster said...

Good stuff, thanks Chuck.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken Rockwell isn't really considered to be a top reviewer on the photography boards.

I do agree however that Apple makes
top notch hard- & software :-)

typing this on my 2X2Ghz G5 / 23" cinema :-D

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home