Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Sunday, December 19, 2004

New (to me) Site dedicated to the Sinn Space One (142):

From my "Things I stumble across while searching for other things" department... I bring this nifty site dedicated to the Sinn 142 (a.k.a. Sinn Space One) and related Sinn, and other brand, chronographs...

Since these folks have borrowed one of my photo's without attribution, so I think I'll risk not posting my standard disclaimer for the image above and the one below...

It's a very interesting and useful site. I learned that my 5-center pinion Lemania 134x based Sinn is a model 140 and the Sinn143.jpg is nigh identical to my Mistral Timing 5012 and perhaps Sinn is the OEM of the Mistral...

Interesting oddities abound in the Picture Gallery including this 5-center pinion Lemania 5100 with arabic hour markings (standard on the 144 GMT, but unusual for a Space One/142) & a second SST (the white one) hand set back 10 minutes from the primary Red/Orange hand reportedly used to track Helicopter turbine idle time... (I don't know...)

In any instance, this site is well worth the visit to fans of Sinn or simply this style of chronograph watch...

-- C


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks Chuck ! I appreciate the comments, especially from someone well respected by WIS' worldwide!
BTW Let me know which pic is yours and I'll add your copyright (or delete the pic entirely).
Dave
sinn_142@hotmail.com

Thursday, January 13, 2005 9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home