Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Thursday, December 16, 2004

New (to me) watch arrival: Gallet by Racine...

Just before I suffered my Kidney Stone attack on Monday, I received this Gallet I purchased off of eBay (seller's pictures):






(Movement is an Excelcior Park c. 40-68 (same as my Excel-o-Graph) a real nice movement someone should revive!)

Hopefully I will be able to take some "family photo's" of my Gallet's (which number 7 wrists and 1 pocket timer currently) in the near future.

Enjoy!

-- C


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck,


First, the stones. I've had two of them. Quite unpleasant to say the least. I still carry a lot of emotional baggage from the experiences, the result of which is I'm always drinking water, juice, coffee, etc.


As to the watch, nice find! Looks like a nice clean example. And I like the the squarish look of the case as seen from the 45 degree view.

Do you have any more info on the history of the brand and/or movement? I'm interested in learning more.


Chris Meisenzahl

Friday, December 17, 2004 7:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home